[ltp] installed linux, lost win, can't get it right

Rob Mayoff linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com
4 Feb 2002 15:12:07 -0600

+---------- On Feb 4, Justin C said:
> The problem is that when I re-install windows it defaults to (about) 640x480
> resolution. What do I need to set the display to in the bios to get it to see
> and use the R128 card and give me a full 1600x1200?

Are you reinstalling Windows from a general Windows install disc, or are
you using a factory-restore disc that makes your Thinkpad look just like
when it came from the factory?

If you're using an install disc, then you probably need to download
drivers from IBM for your video (and audio and various other bits).  If
you're using a restore disc than I don't know.