[ltp] Switched to Linux guest on Vmware running on Windows host

Chris Merrill linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com
Mon, 04 Feb 2002 21:50:19 -0500

Mark Beierl wrote:

> Mike Heroux wrote:
>> First of all before I go on, I am not trying to start a religious war, or
>> convince someone that my configuration is the best for everyone.  At the
>>
> I second that opinion.  I am surprised, however, that your experience is
> that Windows does suspention/hibernation better than linux.  Oddly my
> experience has been the opposite (on a 600x at least).  Windows NT (ah,

I had a similar experience as Mike.  Under Linux, my T23
would hibernate fine, but upon waking would loose either
the mouse or keyboard.  It would not hibernate at all.
After much effort I gave up and restored the original
Win2k installation - hibernate/suspend now work _almost_
always (I have found a few applications that conflict
somehow, so I don't use them anymore).