[ltp] Red Hat 7.2 on a 770ED

Carlos Lorenzo linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com
Wed, 6 Feb 2002 09:37:16 -0300

Hi all:

Does anybody installed RH 7.2 on a 770ED ?
Well, I did it and I am not being able to get the sound card working.
The situation is that if I copy the I/O addresses and IRQ's from Win95, the
alsasound start, more specifically the insmod command, tells me that there
is a problem with either the I/O or the IRQ.
Also , everytime KDE starts up I get a message telling me that the
/dev/audio can't be opened and that the sound server will be using the null
device.

Another question I have is related to the IBM Network printer configuration
, models 12 and 17. I've downloaded a tool from IBM, which is called
PrintTool that lets you configure the queues for this kind of printers only
as "raw" or "postscript" but NO PCL.  Did anyone has been thru the same
situation ???

Many thanks
Carlos