[ltp] CS4232 driver in 2.4.17

Peter Hutnick linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com
Sat, 16 Feb 2002 12:01:43 -0700

On Friday 15 February 2002 11:41 am, Rob Mayoff wrote:
> +---------- On Feb 15, Peter Hutnick said:
> > Has anyone gotten the cs4232 driver that is included with very recent
> > kernels to work?
>
> I'm using it on a 770Z.  I have all the sound stuff configured as
> modules.  The cs4232 module uses the ad1848, uart401, and sound modules,
> and sound uses soundcore.  But running "modprobe cs4232" should take
> care of loading the whole stack.

Okay, I'm trying it with all modules again.

I don't see a "uart401".  I've got mpu401 and uart6850.  I thought that this
card used one of the OPL drivers for MIDI.  I don't really care much about
it, anyway.

Seems weird that cs4232, which is "stable" relies on ad1848, which is only
available under "prompt for development drivers."

> If you have built pcmcia-cs with PnP support, then you can use the
> command "lspnp -v" to see what resources the sound hardware is using.
> This may help you figure out what to put in /etc/modules.conf.

Don't have that (or isapnp) on my system.  I think the assumption is that
folks will be using the kernel PnP stuff these days.

> I think this is the key line in my modules.conf:
>
> options cs4232 io=0x530 irq=5 dma=1 dma2=0 mpuio=0x330 mpuirq=9

Okay, here's a question for you . . . what options do you give for ad1816?
It really seems like ad1816 and cs4232 are mutually exclusive, not supporting.

Thanks,
Peter