[ltp] CS4232 driver in 2.4.17

Peter Hutnick linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com
Tue, 19 Feb 2002 12:32:39 -0700

On Saturday 16 February 2002 12:07 pm, Rob Mayoff wrote:
> +---------- On Feb 16, Peter Hutnick said:
> > Seems weird that cs4232, which is "stable" relies on ad1848, which is
> > only available under "prompt for development drivers."
>
> I guess what I said was misleading.  You don't have to enable ad1848 (or
> uart401).  You just enable "Crystal CS4232 based (PnP) cards".  I also
> have "Persistent DMA buffers" turned on.  You don't have to enable any
> other sound modules.

This all works just like before, that is, it works for half a day and dies.
But . . . the problem is KDE.  I shudown X, unloaded all the modules, loaded
them back up, fixed the volume, and sound is working again.

So, I'll go bother the KDE guys now.  Thanks for all the help.

> None.  Note that ad1816 != ad1848.  If you meant ad1848, then the answer
> is still "none"; you don't have to explicitly load or configure it.

Boy, I'm looking pretty smart :-(

Thanks again!

-Peter