[ltp] Black Border in console w/ 760xl

Tino Keitel linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com
Thu, 21 Feb 2002 16:32:33 +0100

On Tuesday, 19. February 2002 18:40, Peter Hutnick wrote:
> On Tuesday 19 February 2002 10:34 am, Jake Roersma wrote:
> > I know I have seen this somewhere on the mailing list before, but just
> > have never had the time to go at it.  How do I expland the console
> > screen to the edges for the display.  I get this black border of about
> > an inch all the wya around the screen..Any help would be great.
>
> I couldn't really find a "homepage" for the project, but see
> http://freshmeat.net/projects/svgatextmode/ .  It is probably on your
> distro CD or at least widely available as a package.

Last time I played around with this tool on my 765L, the documentation
mentioned that SVGATextMode is given up since there is no real need for this
package on new hardware because of developments like video mode selection
(with vga=xyz kernel parameter) and frame buffer console support. Maybe
that's why there is no home page.

Btw., I tried hard, but I wasn't able to switch the text console to anything
larger than 640x480. All I got was a console with a smaller font to have
space for more characters on the screen.

Tino