[ltp] Major crash with a TP600 on RH 7.2

Raphael Wegmann linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com
22 Feb 2002 20:29:09 +0100

On Tue, 2002-02-19 at 23:54, Frank R. Wesselmann wrote:
> based on my own past experience, it sounds like you might be
> out of disk space on whatever disk hosts your /var tree
>
> I would suggest you get the system going whichever way you
> can (boot floppy?) and try  "df /var"  or substitute the
> mount point of the /var disk if you did not boot normally.

Yeah, it could be that a filesystem is full.
Try "df -m" but don't care if /proc is 100%. ;)
Still it's strange, that he couldn't read anything like.
"write error" or "filesystem full". Did you look in
/var/log/messages?

good luck
--
Raphael Wegmann