[ltp] Enabling telnetd on Red Hat 7.2

Mark Beierl linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com
Fri, 22 Feb 2002 16:03:35 -0500

--------------050608050803070109010103

xinetd gets involved in redhat 7.2   I do not have the info at my
fingertips at this time, but check for a file called something like
/etc/xinetd.conf and see what it says.

Regards,
Mark Beierl
Texar Corp.

Rob Mayoff wrote:

>+---------- On Feb 22, Carlos Lorenzo said:
>
>>Does anybody know what do I have to do to enable the telnet to  a Red Hat
>>7.2 ?
>>

>You probably have to install the telnet-server RPM, and make sure telnet
>is enabled in /etc/inetd.conf.
>
>However, telnet is insecure: it sends passwords in the clear over the
>network.  You would be much better off using ssh if at all possible.
>ssh is very easy to use, does much more than telnet, and is secure.
>
>http://www.openssh.com/

>The linux-thinkpad mailing list home page is at:
>http://www.bm-soft.com/~bm/tp_mailing.html

--------------050608050803070109010103

<head>
</head>
xinetd gets involved in redhat 7.2 &nbsp; I do not have the info at my fingertips
at this time, but check for a file called something like /etc/xinetd.conf
and see what it says.<br>
Regards,<br>
Mark Beierl<br>
Texar Corp.<br>