[ltp] frozen thinkpads

Robert Andersson linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com
Mon, 25 Feb 2002 21:29:06 +0100

>>>>> "WF" == Willard Fullam <wfullam@bellsouth.net> writes:
WF> Addition information would be nice.

uhm, yes forgot that... :P

WF> What model, if I may ask

t22 1024x768 (2647-8eg) and t22 1400x1050 (2647-9eg)

WF> and exactly what was "replaced"?

they replaced what they call the system board, the cpu and internal
battery and even the plastic surrounding the keyboard :|

WF> Is this the original AC adapter? Is the battery original amd how
WF> old is it?

yes both indeed, they are only 5 month old

i have done some more testing replacing the harddrive with another one
on a working t22 (we have a couple of them :) and the results was the
same, so no harddrive problem. swapped batteries... naaa that's not it
either. did some additional testing, it seems that it occures more
frequent when the battery is low and it has to be charged. when just
putting the ac cord in the bat-light will show green, starting the tp
and it will go to yellow... odd... well i probably will end up telling
ibm to replace the errorfull machines alltogether...

yours,
/robert

--
Systems Administrator
Swedish National Graduate School of Language Technology