[ltp] TFT matrix cleaning

David Cox linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com
Wed, 27 Feb 2002 19:13:42 -0500

I just ran into having to do this as someone very unasked decided to touch
my screen multiple times.

After researching on the net I've found the following worked for me:

Get tissues with no additives and that don't leave lint trails
Moisten it with eaither bottled water or tap water (the less additives the
better)

Using up and down motions only use a dry tissue on the screen to get the
dust off, and then applying very little pressure using the same up and down
motion only, use the damp tissue. For the stubborn spots don't rub harder
just repeat lightly until you're happy.

It's very disconcerting to have fingerprints and smudges on a TFT but that's
worked for my t23 and some flat panel all-in-one pcs.

If you're still unsure try looking around on google.com for other answers or
look at the access thinkpad information that says the same as above but with
a lint free cloth.

David

On Thu, Feb 28, 2002 at 12:58:49AM +0100, Michal Lisecki wrote:
> Hello evb,
>
> I'm very sorry for going slightly off the linux topic but I've been
> wondering what do you use to clean your TFT displays?
> I've never hesitated to just dry-clean my old TP 560 800x600 with a soft
> cloth after blowing on it but you don't have to tell me how unprofessional
> and reckles I've been to do so. Now so that I have a cute T20 with a
> brilliant 14" TFT I once again am facing cleaning it off all the greasy
> spots and dust. I am afraid that getting any professional, so to say,
> cleaning agents will be difficult where I live so could you point me to any
> other ways that I could do that without ruining my TFT?
>
> Thanks for all you pieces of advice.
> --
> Michal Lisecki <magura@giga.pl>

"root is good. You have root? You mind if I have root too?" - CTD
david@sackheads.org 			http://www.sackheads.org/uce/