[ltp] TFT matrix cleaning

Rob Mayoff linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com
27 Feb 2002 18:08:27 -0600

+---------- On Feb 28, Michal Lisecki said:
> I'm very sorry for going slightly off the linux topic but I've been
> wondering what do you use to clean your TFT displays?

>From <http://www.pc.ibm.com/qtechinfo/LWIK-3X4GSR.html>:

"Gently wipe the LCD with a dry, soft lint-free cloth. If a stain
remains, moisten the cloth with LCD cleaner and wipe the stain again. Be
sure to dry the LCD before closing it.

"NOTE: A 50-50 mixture of isopropyl alcohol and water or water alone may
be used as a LCD cleaner to moisten your cloth. Antistatic LCD cleaning
cloths and Kim Wipes are also acceptable alternatives."

Note also that the document disclaims any warranty, so if you do clean
your screen with isopropyl alcohol and damage it, you're probably on
your own.