[ltp] TFT matrix cleaning

Robert Munro linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com
Wed, 27 Feb 2002 18:49:13 -0800

Folks, don't obsess about cleaning a TFT screen.  A little Windex or GlassPlus
on a paper towel, with maybe another just wetted with tap water, flip to dry it,

always works for me.  If you want to be extra careful, mix just a little mild
dish
detergent in a spray bottle and use that.  The important things are (1) don't
rub
dry dirt into the screen, and (2) don't use a harsh full-strength cleaner like
401
or oven-cleaner on your pristine precious plastic TFT LCD screen.  Other than
that, 50/50 isopropyl alcohol or brief application of a window cleaner will
work;
if a spot is stubborn, use a little more dilute detergent rather than rubbing
hard.

But I agree that seeing a yahoo coworker's fat fingers on one's very own TFT
LCD screen _should_ be a recognized legal defense for a justifiable homicide.

Regards,