[ltp] Mandrake 8.1 on iSeries 1163-43G

André Cotte linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com
Tue, 1 Jan 2002 9:56:40 EST

Hi !

I have tried to install Mandrake 8.1 on my ThinkPad 600E.  I din't test the USB port since I don't have any USB device but Mandrake failed to install properly my PCMCIA.  So I wasn't able to use my network card.  By the way the sound don't work too.

Unable to install properly my PCMCIA (I'm not a programmer, just a normal user trying Linux), I installed Red Hat 7.1 that recognized correctly my PCMCIA but not the sound.

André Cotte