[ltp] A cry for help with installation on a 560

Thu, 3 Jan 2002 22:19:13 +0100

--=_alternative 00751DFAC1256B36_=

I have a 560 thinkpad with a sony discman cd-rom using a using a scsi II
card from adaptec (1460A). I have tried to install Red Hat 7.1 by creating
both a boot.img disc and a pcmcia.img disc and a pcmciaadd.img disc, but
to no avail. I simply cannot get the red hat installation to load
necessary drivers and recognize my cd-rom. Since I can't install anything
I don't know how to go about trying to make the linux dist. recognize my
cd-rom. Does anyone know what I should do? From what I have found out
through the internet the adaptec 1460A should work with linux.

Still having hope
Thomas Nyman