[ltp] Middle mouse button?

Ken Firestone linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com
Sat, 5 Jan 2002 11:16:14 -0800 (PST)

On Sat, 5 Jan 2002, Erin Gilchrist wrote:

   So I finally got to try out the R30 I'm enamoured with today, but I can't
   figure out what to use for a middle mouse button if I put Linux on it. What
   do y'all use? Is there someway of making the scroll button work? Or do you
   have to use an external 3-button mouse?

Erin,

3 button mice have been the norm in the Unix world ever since the
first Unix machine sprouted a rodent. Take a look at a Sun
workstation. Depending on the window manager and/or application it can
have many purposes. I use it (actually the left an right buttons
together on my TP) to paste stuff. Also in Gnome, middle clicking on
the desktop brings up a menu.

The scroll button for many mice is usable as both a scroll button, and
as the middle mouse button.