[ltp] Mandrake vs Redhat

Myles Byrne linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com
07 Jan 2002 10:27:03 +1100

<snip>
> The
> big differences are Redhat uses ext3 file system and Mandrake uses ext2 but
> can be converted to ext3.
</snip>

Not sure which version of mandrake your reffering to but mandrake has
supported reiserfs (from the install) from 7.2 onwards and 8.1 (the
latest one) supports ext3, reiserfs, JFS, and XFS (I think thats about
all the journaling file systems available for linux).

Mandrakes partitioning tool - Diskdrake absolutely rocks and I would
recommend to everyone on the list who is in need of any partitioning (i
think it runs on most distros now).

Cheers,

Myles