[ltp] Re: [SLE] Questions about moving from Win2k to SUSE 7.3 Pro (Long)

Tim Prince linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com
Mon, 07 Jan 2002 04:38:35 -0800

Shane Broomhall wrote:

>Hi All,
>

>My computer is an IBM thinkpad A20m.  I have replaced the hard disk with one
>of 30M and it has 512M of ram, so I am expecting it to really scream.  It
>has an internal DVD, and a Win Modem.  I have an Iomega USB Zip CDR.
>

>I have heard that Winmodems are now useable, has anyone had experiences with
>making these work with 7.3 and could you please give me hint on where to
>find the instructions. ???

The LT WinModem driver for SuSE 7.3 (from the sfu site to which the SuSE
hints point) works fine.  I'm sure there are WinModems which don't work.

I'm having difficulty with ALSA, since 7.3 Personal doesn't appear to
have kernel headers available, so I may regret the choice of Personal.