[ltp] Questions about moving from Win2k to SUSE 7.3 Pro (Long)

Mark Beierl linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com
Mon, 07 Jan 2002 10:54:03 -0500

Hiya Shane!

I'm running RH 7.1 on my A20m (384 m with 12gb hd) and I have sound,
modem, Proxim wireless network, X display at 1600x1200, and
suspend/hibernation all working beautifully.  I'm also using VMWare 3.0
for Windows NT and 98 (and with 384m I can run up 4 copies of WinNT at
64 virtual each and have a good network sandbox for testing).

Sorry I can't help on the specifics of Suse, but the underlying hardware
can be driven using various packages for linux.

I'm using ESD for sound (not ALSA), and the sound modiule I'm using from
the kernel is: cs46xx

Hope this helps!  Linux on the thinkpad is definately the way to go...

Regards,
Mark Beierl
Texar Corp.
www.texar.com