[ltp] 600E battery under apmd

Tod Harter linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com
Tue, 8 Jan 2002 09:14:01 -0500

You can disable apmd, but it does provide other useful functions. I guess the
question is, does apmd prematurely try to shut your machine down? The other
question is why does this happen in the first place? It sounds like your
battery is not reporting its charge level accurately. Maybe you have an older
bios thats buggy? Those can be flashed. I don't know the 600E really well, so
I am not sure, but something is wrong somewhere...