[ltp] 600E battery under apmd

Mark Beierl linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com
Tue, 08 Jan 2002 10:09:07 -0500

There have been numerous posts in the past about (and for some reason
typically on the 600s) dying batteries.  This is typically indicative of
a battery which is on its way out.  However, for a while (due to bad
kernel/apmd/wireless software) I decided to disable apmd and keep my own
eye out for battery charge.  This works (try removing the links to
/etc/init.d/apmd from /etc/rc.x, or change the first line of apmd to
exit 0), but the system may still try to hibernate on battery low if the
bios is set to do so.  Using tpctl (or your preferred tp bios tool)
check for low battery event and clear it.  On tpctl it's:

tpctl --psb

Hope this helps...

Regards,
Mark Beierl