[ltp] Suse Linux 7.3 Suport for Firewire & Pcmcia Firewire Adaptor on Thinkpad A20m

Guy Yasko linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com
10 Jan 2002 11:16:40 +0900

    Shane> Is anyone aware of any support for PCMCIA Firewire Cards
    Shane> under Linux.  If not this is not a major prob, as I will
    Shane> then revert to backing up over the network.

check out the documentation in the pcmcia package.  it's on line and
probably on your hard disk, here, it's in /usr/doc

    Shane> I was also wondering if anyone has had any experience
    Shane> backing up linux using programs like Ghost from Symantec,
    Shane> if it works, or if there are some other programs available
    Shane> that will allow for me to take immages of my hard disk on
    Shane> my laptop and use them to restore if I do somethig silly.

tar, dump, dd, cfio are your friends.

g.y.

--
Guy Yasko -- gyasko@mx7.ttcn.ne.jp

If I felt any more SOPHISTICATED I would DIE of EMBARRASSMENT!