[ltp] Machine Freeze up

Tod Harter linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com
Fri, 11 Jan 2002 10:45:25 -0500

Well, those are the types of crashes that I just write off to "unknown
factors", unless it happens again. My A20p for instance just locked up hard
yesterday. I was burning a CD. Normally the drive ejects the disk, but
yesterday instead it decided to crash the machine... Its unusual, but it
happens. Probably some driver disabled interrupts or failed to unmask an IRQ
for some reason. Its pretty hard to say for sure with the complexity of
modern hardware and OS.