[ltp] Thinkpad 380ED suspend problem

Eric linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com
Fri, 11 Jan 2002 18:39:56 -0500

I cannot for the life of me get this machine to suspend multiple times in Linux.
Works fine in Windows
FYI: Kernel 2.4.17, custom compiled with APM with the following options:
CONFIG_APM=y
# CONFIG_APM_IGNORE_USER_SUSPEND is not set
CONFIG_APM_DO_ENABLE=y
CONFIG_APM_CPU_IDLE=y
CONFIG_APM_DISPLAY_BLANK=y
CONFIG_APM_RTC_IS_GMT=y
CONFIG_APM_ALLOW_INTS=y
# CONFIG_APM_REAL_MODE_POWER_OFF is not set

Slackware 8.0, cardctl reports version 3.1.26, and I upgraded the BIOS to the latest
version last June I believe... not sure what version yet 'cause I don't have tpctl installed
yet.  APMD does run on startup, and apmd is version 3.0final

It'll suspend once, even with my 10Base-T NIC card in there, but if I try to
suspend again after resuming (even without the NIC card being inserted, and it doesn't
matter if I use apm -s or Fn-F4 to suspend it) it'll just sit there and hang, until it
finally gives up and resumes, without the HD or screen ever shutting off.

I remember 2.2 having some 'Ignore multiple suspend/resume cycles' option, at least earlier
ones did, but 2.4 doesn't seem to have those...

Any ideas?

--
Spirilis

GnuPG Public Key available from certserver.pgp.com
Key ID 92E1516E
GPG Fingerprint: BA2A E8C0 D4BA 604A 997D  F809 D609 C9AC 92E1 516E