[ltp] Making an A22p appear inactive?

Richard Neill linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com
Sun, 13 Jan 2002 15:02:29 +0000

Dear All,

I'm wondering if there is any way to make my A22p appear inactive, while
continuing to run. I have to live/sleep in the same room as it, and
currently suspend it at night (apm -s), but this precludes any use as an
alarm clock :-)
(And other useful things too)

The machine is on AC power, so power consumption of a few Watts is OK.

When the machine enters pretend-to-be-asleep mode, I'm aiming for:

	*The processor to keep running (perhaps at lower rate?)
	*The modem to remain online, if it currently is
	*Screen off (this can be done by the screensver)
	*HDD spindown (done by hdparm)
	*Processor FAN off - how do I do this?

I did some research on the net into how to turn off the processor fan,
but this hasn't turned up anything helpful.

Thanks a lot for your help

Sincerely

Richard

P.S. I'm using Mandrake 8.1, if that's relevant.