[ltp] T21

Julian Macassey linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com
Sun, 13 Jan 2002 12:35:28 -0800

On 2002-01-13 at 15:09, Andrius Ciziunas (buzzcut@tamos.net) wrote:

> 	I have a T21 that I run linux on.  I've had few problems with it
> (most of which ended up being fixed under warranty).....The only issue is
> that the 3Com built in winmodem doesn't work, 3com has neither released
> drivers yet, nor have they helped the linmodem developers make one.  But
> they've investigated the idea on some of the mailing lists.
>
> 	What kind of hardware do you have?

	Warning: More detail than you probably want:

	Hardware details:
http://www5.pc.ibm.com/us/products.nsf/$wwwPartNumLookup/_26474BU

	20 G HD

	800Mhz Pentium.

Audio chipset make & model: Crystal Semiconductor CS4624/CS4297a

Fax/modem: Integrated Fax/modem speeds: 56K (V.90 Compatible)
Communications features: Infrared port (IRDA compatible)
 Local and Remote Asset Management
LANClient Control Manager Wired for management
Infrared port speed: Up to 4Mbps
(I assume this is the evil winmodem).

Network card: PCI Etherent 10/100Mbps (3Com)
Network interface: Ethernet-Integrated
Network speed: 10Mbps, 100Mbps

Screen max resolution: 1024x768

Screen type description: TFT - active matrix

Viewable image size (diagonal): 14.1inches

Contrast ratio: 100:1

Screen illumination: Backlit

Max resolution on built-in screen: 1024x768

Max colors or grey shades: 16777216

External display supported: Yes

Max resolution on external display: 1024x768

Simultaneous external display: Yes

Plug and play support: Yes (PCMCIA) Parallel ports (type): 1
(EPP/ECP) Serial ports (type): 1 (USB) Expansion ports: Ultraport
Connector, Display, Headphone jack, Infrared,
Keyboard/mouse/numpad, Line in, Microphone, Parallel, RJ-11,
RJ-45, Serial, S-Video out jack, Universal serial bus (USB)

Graphics chipset: S3 Savage IX8
                Graphics type: SVGA
                Graphics data width:
                                   --
                Video RAM std/max: 8MB / 8MB
                Video RAM type: SGRAM

Memory (RAM) std/max: 128MB / 512MB

                RAM speed: 100MHz

                Optional RAM configuration:

                RAM type: SDRAM

                RAM slots total (available): 2 So-DIMM (1 So-DIMM)

--
But hey, this is politics, a sphere in which there's zero tolerance of
logic. -- Mike Holmes