[ltp] X21 with ultrabay serial port error

Daniel Andor linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com
Sun, 13 Jan 2002 21:24:15 -0500

On Mon, Jan 14, 2002 at 10:08:07AM +0800, Kelvin Kan wrote:
> Frankly, I don't have an X21, but from my experience of 600E, would that
> require "enabling" the serial port by "ThinkPad Configuration" in
> Windows?

I'm trying to use tpctl under linux.  I've compiled the serial support
as a module, so I can run tpctl before loading the serial driver.

I set up and enable serial port one, to the best of my knowledge:

# tpctl --rs1
resource state:                        ioaddr irq#   able? mode/power
   serial port 1:                       0x3f8 IRQ7  enable on

then when I try to load the serial module, I get the following in the
kernel messages:

  PCI: Found IRQ 11 for device 00:0a.1
  PCI: Sharing IRQ 11 with 00:0a.0
  Redundant entry in serial pci_table.  Please send the output of
  lspci -vv, this message (11c1,045c,8086,2205)
  and the manufacturer and name of serial board or modem board
  to serial-pci-info@lists.sourceforge.net.
  register_serial(): autoconfig failed

I think it turns out device 00:0a.1 is the winmodem.  If I compile the
winmodem drivers and load those before loading the serial drivers, I
still get the same problem. (The winmodem works, though.)

For example, is there any way of disabling the Lucent winmodem?

Thanks,
Daniel.