[ltp] Thinkpad 380ED suspend problem

Dr. Aldo Medina linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com
Sun, 13 Jan 2002 21:15:21 -0600

Eric wrote:

> I cannot for the life of me get this machine to suspend multiple times in Linux.
> Works fine in Windows
> FYI: Kernel 2.4.17, custom compiled with APM with the following options:
> CONFIG_APM=y
> # CONFIG_APM_IGNORE_USER_SUSPEND is not set
> CONFIG_APM_DO_ENABLE=y
> CONFIG_APM_CPU_IDLE=y
> CONFIG_APM_DISPLAY_BLANK=y
> CONFIG_APM_RTC_IS_GMT=y
> CONFIG_APM_ALLOW_INTS=y
> # CONFIG_APM_REAL_MODE_POWER_OFF is not set
>
> Slackware 8.0, cardctl reports version 3.1.26, and I upgraded the BIOS to the latest
> version last June I believe... not sure what version yet 'cause I don't have tpctl installed
> yet.  APMD does run on startup, and apmd is version 3.0final
>
> It'll suspend once, even with my 10Base-T NIC card in there, but if I try to
> suspend again after resuming (even without the NIC card being inserted, and it doesn't
> matter if I use apm -s or Fn-F4 to suspend it) it'll just sit there and hang, until it
> finally gives up and resumes, without the HD or screen ever shutting off.
>
> I remember 2.2 having some 'Ignore multiple suspend/resume cycles' option, at least earlier
> ones did, but 2.4 doesn't seem to have those...
>
> Any ideas?

I had this problem before. It resolved when I configured my floppy.o as
a module. After I load the module, however, the problem araises again.
I don't have RTC_IS_GMT, but I don't think it matters.

Hope this helps. TP380ED with Debian Woody.

--
Linux User #98419         -o)    | En que se parece la goma de mascar
http://counter.li.org      /\    | a la mujer? Que mientras más la