[ltp] Thinkpad 380ED suspend problem

Eric linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com
Sun, 13 Jan 2002 22:55:54 -0500

On Sun, Jan 13, 2002 at 09:15:21PM -0600, Dr. Aldo Medina put into existance:
]
] I had this problem before. It resolved when I configured my floppy.o as
] a module. After I load the module, however, the problem araises again.
] I don't have RTC_IS_GMT, but I don't think it matters.
]

Hmm, I'm gonna try that as a module, plus I just noticed in Documentation/floppy.txt:

LILO configuration options (Thinkpad users, read this)

 The floppy driver is configured using the 'floppy=' option in
lilo. This option can be typed at the boot prompt, or entered in the
lilo configuration file.
 Example: If your kernel is called linux-2.2.13, type the following line
at the lilo boot prompt (if you have a thinkpad):
 linux-2.2.13 floppy=thinkpad
You may also enter the following line in /etc/lilo.conf, in the description
of linux-2.2.13:
 append = "floppy=thinkpad"

Though it says:
 floppy=thinkpad
        Tells the floppy driver that you have a Thinkpad. Thinkpads use an
        inverted convention for the disk change line.

dunno if that has any bearing on the suspendability

Having floppy.o unloaded isn't a problem for me since I rarely ever use my
floppy disk drive, in fact, rarely use it on any Linux system I ever touch.
Gotta love SSH, SCP, tar, etc over a network :-)))))))))))))))

--
Spirilis

GnuPG Public Key available from certserver.pgp.com
Key ID 92E1516E
GPG Fingerprint: BA2A E8C0 D4BA 604A 997D  F809 D609 C9AC 92E1 516E