[ltp] Making an A22p appear inactive?

Richard linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com
Mon, 14 Jan 2002 15:42:39 +0000 (GMT)

Thanks for your reply.

What I'm really after, more than anything else is a way that, once the
screensaver kicks in to blank the screen, I can set the fan to turn off.

My fan never turns off, even if the machine is just sitting there,
processing nothing, (unless I suspend the laptop).

Are you saying that changing the power control mode will allow the BIOS to
automatically shutdown the fan except when needed?

(As for configuration, I have purely Linux Mandrake 8.1 I'd usually expect
to do BIOS configuration via a reboot and enter CMOS setup, although I
understand that tpctl is an easier way to do this)

Regards

Richard