[ltp] serial port stays quiet on TP600

Victor Wagner linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com
Wed, 16 Jan 2002 11:29:15 +0300 (MSK)

On Tue, 15 Jan 2002, Rikki Hall wrote:
> Sorry to dredge up an old thread.  Ravi, have you found a way around the
> problem of having to use PS2.EXE to power on the serial port?  How do you
> power it on in the BIOS?
>
> I don't have a DOS partition on my TP600.  Is it possible to create a
> bootable DOS floppy and run PS2 without having to actually install
> Winders?

Just easy. I've had some problems trying to run PS2 for TP 760 under MS-DOS
5.0, but under IBM DOS (PC-DOS) it works fine.

There are several ways to go - you can unpack downloaded self-extract
archive on other machine, or you can install dosemu (with real DOS inside,
not supplied freedos).

I'm not sure that it is possible to actually run PS2 under Dosemu, becouse
it wants access to thinkpad-specific hardware, but it is surely possible
to make a system diskette and copy PS2.EXE there.

--
Victor Wagner			vitus@ice.ru
Chief Technical Officer		Office:7-(095)-748-53-88