[ltp] IBM notebook A21m Sound + Debian

Vivek linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com
Sat, 19 Jan 2002 15:50:52 +0000 (GMT)

On Sat, 19 Jan 2002, Tom Allison wrote:

> I don't know if the answer is to use alsa instead.  If that's the
> case, I have one question.  I still need all the sound drivers in the
> kernel (modules) right?
> ALSA is an extension to sound, not a replacement?

ALSA is a replacement (I believe it will replace OSS in 2.5.x) which can
emulate OSS (since the ALSA api is in a state of flux, this is usually a
good idea, and is (I think) the default when you build ALSA).

--
"... I've seen Sun monitors on fire off the side of the multimedia lab.
I've seen NTU lights glitter in the dark near the Mail Gate.  All these