[ltp] TP 760XL Video Questions

Martin Sanborn linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com
Tue, 22 Jan 2002 14:09:05 -0600

On Tuesday 22 January 2002 01:42 pm, you wrote:
> X installs easily with Xconfigurator, but using XF86 3.3.6. I haven't got
> it to work with XF86 4.x, and I don't know that anyone else has either.
> XF86 4.2 supposedly has another Trident patch, so it just *might* work.

FYI, in XF86 4.x, you can use the command,

XFree86 -configure

can give you a quick configuration file to start from. It will probe for
known video cards and modes. It might give you a place to start. I'm not sure
if it's very important to have a value for the video card memory. Also see
http://www.xfree86.org/4.2.0/Status33.html#33 for Trident support
information.

Marty Sanborn

--
| Martin Sanborn - Dept. of Chemical Engineering - Northwestern University |
| m-sanborn@  nwu.edu - (847)467-1653 - http://zeolites.cqe.nwu.edu/marty |