[ltp] Something I never knew in regards to the Microsoft Anti-Trust settlement

Wed, 23 Jan 2002 09:31:02 -0500

not so quick PS (pre-script) this mail is going Blind CC to all the
mailing lists that I am on.  This is NOT an attempt to spam you, but I
think the information contained here-in is important enough for you all
to stop and think.  If you are upset about my sending this email, keep
it to yourself, I won't read your complaint and I won't respond to it.
You will most likely never see another email like this from me again.

Hello all,

This is a link to a page describing something I never knew about:

http://www.codeweavers.com/~jwhite/tunney.html

There's an "Act" called the Tunney Act. What exactly "Act" means in
lawyer-speak is beyond me. What this particular act does however is
rather important. There is a set period of time where the court
deciding on a settlement is required to accept public commentary on a
settlement (such as the one proposed by MS)

Presumably if the court receives enough negative commentary the
settlement will be thrown out. So, now is our chance to give MS a big
swift kick in the pants.

Please go to this site, read what it has to say and DO something about it.

The close of the comment period is this Monday (Jan 28th)

Thank you for taking the time to read my note, and hopefully the webpage
as well.

Leeman Strout