[ltp] TP 760XL Video Questions now for another question...

M. Leo Cooper linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com
Wed, 23 Jan 2002 12:57:11 -0700 (MST)

On Wed, 23 Jan 2002, Joseph Brown wrote:

> Why is it that the LINUX installer can mount the cdrom in my 760XL but
> once the install is completed it will not mount?
> I find this to be rather weird behavior. I am running RH 7.2.

I had this same problem with RH 7.2 (didn't have it with 7.1). The problem
seemed to be that the cdrom module did not automatically load on bootup. You
can check this with a 'lsmod', and see if 'cdrom' is listed.

I fixed this by inserting the following into /etc/rc.d/rc.local:

---------------------------- cut here ------------------------------
# Add to /etc/rc.d/rc.local, if necessary (cdrom module won't load).

MODULE=cdrom
INSTALLED=`/sbin/lsmod | grep "$MODULE"`

if [ -z "$INSTALLED" ]  # Not installed.
then
  /sbin/insmod "$MODULE"
fi

Kinda kludgy, but it works.

> Of course I have sound problems too...

For me, /sbin/sndconfig (as root, of course) set it up fine.

Hope this helps.

Mendel