[ltp] XFree86 4.2 1161-43G RH7.2

Mark Beierl linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com
Thu, 24 Jan 2002 12:11:48 -0500

--------------080009000501080104040008

The main problems I've had with X confusion (such as inappropriate
grabbing ;) have resulted from booting with speed step on so that the
CPU calibration was off and it thought my 700 MHz was only a 120 MHz.
 When this happens, expect X to behave erratically.  This is consistent
for both my A20m and when I used to use a 600X.

Regards,
Mark

Tod Harter wrote:

>On Wednesday 23 January 2002 18:00, you wrote:
>
>>Just installed XF86 4.2 without problem so far. It seems to be faster,
>>and touch wood I have not had the problem where the cursor would decided
>>to offset itself to right by about 100 pixels, only cure was to reboot.
>>regards Martin West
>>

>Huh, thats a new one, but I have a problem that is slightly similar. With
>XFree 4.1.0 and KDE 2.2.2 I get problems with focus on my A20p. The window
>manager seems to get very confused. For instance I'll grab the title bar of a
>window to move it, and then the system seems to not notice when I release it,
>so my window will happily follow the cursor around... :(. Eventually a few
>random mouse clicks will cure the problem, but it also happens with other
>decorations like resize etc. Sometimes just the mouse cursor retains some
>alternate shape appropriate to resizing or whatever when the rest of the
>window manager seems perfectly aware that I'm doing something else now. Very
>strange and only seems to happen on this one combo of hardware and software.

>>The linux-thinkpad mailing list home page is at:
>>http://www.bm-soft.com/~bm/tp_mailing.html

>The linux-thinkpad mailing list home page is at:
>http://www.bm-soft.com/~bm/tp_mailing.html

--------------080009000501080104040008

<head>
</head>
The main problems I've had with X confusion (such as inappropriate grabbing
;) have resulted from booting with speed step on so that the CPU calibration
was off and it thought my 700 MHz was only a 120 MHz. &nbsp;When this happens,
expect X to behave erratically. &nbsp;This is consistent for both my A20m and
when I used to use a 600X.<br>
Regards,<br>
Mark<br>
Tod Harter wrote:<br>