[ltp] A30P: DRI? ALSA?

Benedikt Heinen linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com
Sun, 27 Jan 2002 00:54:30 +0100 (CET)

> => 	+ X works   (XFree 4.2.0)
> => 	- DRI doesn't   (at least according to glxinfo...)
>
> What graphics chipset does the new machine have?
> If it's an ATI Rage 128 (like the A22p), check out the Gatos drivers:
> 	http://gatos.sourceforge.net/

OK, forgot to mention - I already tried the Gatos drivers.

The A30P doesn't use the Rage 128, but is now using an ATI Radeon
Mobility.

> => Further question - how can I configure the easy access keys, so I
> => can use these in X...
>
> If you are talking about the button labeled "ThinkPad", that's IBM
> proprietary...they have a Linux driver, but it's only release with the A21
> that's sold with Linux installed.

No - I am talking about the "Internet buttons", that are also
featured on some regular keyboards nowadays - e.g. a button to call
a mail program, going to the home page, ...

    Benedikt

  BEAUTY, n.  The power by which a woman charms a lover and terrifies a
    husband.
			(Ambrose Bierce, The Devil's Dictionary)