[ltp] t30 experiences?

Pam Huntley linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com
Tue, 2 Jul 2002 13:05:53 -0400

Hi,

For Red Hat 7.3, most things work out of the box:  video, ethernet, sound
(you have to turn the volume up).

Some things I either don't work, need configuration, or I haven't tried
yet, I'll list them here.

Wireless and bluetooth work if you download the right drivers, which are
detailed here:
http://www.linuxcare.com/labs/certs/ibm/thinkpad/a31p/index.epl

Modem:  doesn't work.  As the A31p document above says, IBM is working with
the modem vendor for a driver.
APM and PCMCIA I need to check out, but the machine did suspend and resume
ok, and apm reports ac/battery information correctly.
Ultranav:  this is the TrackPoint/TouchPad combo, only on some models.
Right now, if you have both enabled, the third button on the TrackPoint
doesn't get passed through properly.  The other buttons work, though, and
if you only have one or the other enabled, it works properly.

So that's as much as I know right now, I'll see if I can check out PCMCIA,
and look at apm in more detail.

Pam

Pamela Huntley, IBM PCD Software Development

|---------+-------------------------------->
|         |           "Robert S. Thau"     |
|         |           <rst@ai.mit.edu>     |
|         |           Sent by:             |
|         |           owner-linux-thinkpad@|
|         |           bm-soft.com          |
|         |                                |
|         |                                |
|         |           06/27/2002 08:17 PM  |
|         |           Please respond to    |
|         |           linux-thinkpad       |
|         |                                |
|---------+-------------------------------->
  |                                                                                                                                             |
  |       To:       linux-thinkpad@bm-soft.com                                                                                                  |
  |       cc:                                                                                                                                   |
  |       Subject:  [ltp] t30 experiences?                                                                                                      |

I'm thinking of getting a thinkpad t30 to use as a linux box
(specifically, dual boot XP/RH7.3).  If anyone has tried this before,
any tips (funky video or ethernet drivers, APM workarounds, PCMCIA
glitches, etc.) would be much appreciated.

Thanks!

rst