PCMCIA and suspend/hibernate (Re: [ltp] t30 experiences?)

Charles E Taylor IV linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com
Tue, 2 Jul 2002 14:18:47 -0400

On Tue, 02 Jul 2002 19:03:22 +0200
David Grindrod <dkgrindrod@yahoo.com> wrote:

[...]

> The only problem I have is that if a card is
> left in the PCMCIA slot on suspend then it does not suspend.

> I have not had a lot of feedback on this forum on this subject  but it
> has been suggested this behavior happens with all Thinkpads.

For what it's worth, this is exactly the behavior I get with suspend or
hibernate on my two (comparatively ancient) Thinkpads - a 760XD and a
380XD.  Suspend (or hibernate) won't work (the machine beeps at me) if
there's a card in a PCMCIA slot.  If I eject the card, suspend and
hibernate work fine.  This is true no matter what I do with
configurations.

This isn't an issue for me, as when I'm putting the computer to sleep
I usually want to eject the PCMCIA ethernet card anyway, as it's the
dongle-less kind that sticks out of the side (Netgear 410TX).