PCMCIA and suspend/hibernate (Re: [ltp] t30 experiences?)

Jon Tabor linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com
Tue, 2 Jul 2002 11:32:42 -0700 (PDT)

Maybe I'm just special, but on my TP 600E 2645-4AU, I can suspend the
system without any trouble.  I usually have to stop and restart the PCMCIA
services and networking when I come back up, but it will go down just
fine.

I haven't made any special changes to my system.  Just running Red Hat 7.3
out of the box with a 3COM PCMCIA networking card.  Maybe it's *how* I'm
sending it into suspend -- I su up to root from an xterm, then type 'apm
--suspend'.  Using  the [Fn]+F4 combo puts the system into standby only.

I don't, however, have an option on apm to hibernate the system.  Going to
have to look into that, as that would be dang handy.

Jon

--
"I believe you are in league with the butcher."
				-Miss Holly Golightly