[ltp] Partition Magic/Partition-It/Fips & Win XP

Rob Mayoff linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com
2 Jul 2002 16:24:23 -0500

+---------- On Jul 2, D. Sen said:
> As a preliminary step to installing Linux, I am trying to resize a Win
> XP (NTFS) partition (on a T30 Thinkpad). I am told fips wont work. Is
> the $70 for the one time use of Partition Magic justified?

Partition Magic can shrink NTFS partitions.  Whether that is worth $70
is up to you.

You might consider getting a second hard drive.  For example, here's a
6.4 GB hard drive on Ebay, currently at $40.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2034809411

Maybe you could copy your XP installation onto it and then use your
entire original hard drive for Linux.