[ltp] Partition Magic/Partition-It/Fips & Win XP

Aly Dharshi linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com
Tue, 02 Jul 2002 15:52:13 -0600

D. Sen wrote:
> As a preliminary step to installing Linux, I am trying to resize a Win
> XP (NTFS) partition (on a T30 Thinkpad). I am told fips wont work. Is
> the $70 for the one time use of Partition Magic justified?

	Certianly depends on you, I wouldn't pay for it, I would much rather (if you
don't have too much data) re-do the machine and then create the partitions for
NTFS and Linux, maybe a small FAT partition so that you can move things in case
that is needed. If you have access to a network drive I would dump my data there
and then restore it once I were done.

	But if you can't do that then I guess Partition Magic is your buddy. Good Luck.

	Cheers,

	Aly.

--
Aly Dharshi