[ltp] t30 experiences?

Pam Huntley linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com
Wed, 3 Jul 2002 00:30:39 -0400

Well, I hope I can help some.

The TrackPoint can be enabled/disabled in the bios.  It's possible to do it
from software, but as far as I know that software doesn't exist yet for
Linux.

I did check on apm and pcmcia, and everything appears to work ok.  I did
see the thing where you have to remove the pcmcia card in order to suspend,
but suspend/resume does work otherwise.  The modem card I inserted was
recognized properly.  Oh, and also someone pointed out that dri is
supported for the video card, so that the 3d animations work quickly.

Pam

Pamela Huntley, IBM PCD Software Development

|---------+-------------------------------->
|         |           "Robert S. Thau"     |
|         |           <rst@ai.mit.edu>     |
|         |           Sent by:             |
|         |           owner-linux-thinkpad@|
|         |           bm-soft.com          |
|         |                                |
|         |                                |
|         |           07/02/2002 03:17 PM  |
|         |           Please respond to    |
|         |           linux-thinkpad       |
|         |                                |
|---------+-------------------------------->
  |                                                                                                                                             |
  |       To:       linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com                                                                                              |
  |       cc:                                                                                                                                   |
  |       Subject:  Re: [ltp] t30 experiences?                                                                                                  |
  |                                                                                                                                             |

Pam Huntley writes:
 > Ultranav:  this is the TrackPoint/TouchPad combo, only on some models.
 > Right now, if you have both enabled, the third button on the TrackPoint
 > doesn't get passed through properly.  The other buttons work, though,
and
 > if you only have one or the other enabled, it works properly.

Thanks!  It's good to see someone from IBM posting on this list...

Is the trackpoint disabled in the X Config file, or through the BIOS?

rst