PCMCIA and suspend/hibernate (Re: [ltp] t30 experiences?)

Tino Keitel linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com
Wed, 3 Jul 2002 08:22:29 +0200

On Tue, Jul 02, 2002 at 11:32:42 -0700, Jon Tabor wrote:

> I haven't made any special changes to my system.  Just running Red Hat 7.3
> out of the box with a 3COM PCMCIA networking card.  Maybe it's *how* I'm
> sending it into suspend -- I su up to root from an xterm, then type 'apm
> --suspend'.  Using  the [Fn]+F4 combo puts the system into standby only.

Yep, this is how it works. It Fn+F4 doesn't work, just put a apm -s on
one of your funtion keys in you favourite window manager.

Regards,
Tino

--
tino.keitel@innominate.com
dipl.-inf.                        Innominate Security Technologies AG