[ltp] which distro 4 a linux newbie T20?

Jackson Miller linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com
03 Jul 2002 07:46:09 -0400

I have slack 8.1 running smooth on my A21m.

Sound is working, but no in KDE (though I use fluxbox, so I didn't try
to fix it).

I don't use the modem. NIC is working great.

X setup itself.

USB is working, though I didn't test before I compiled my own kernel.

Both my DVD and my extra HDD UltraBay devices work.

Hibernate seemed to work this morning when I left my office and the
battery ran down, but when I brought it back up after plugging in I had
to restart the eth0 connection manually with ifconfig eth0 up.  Then my
browser and email client still thought they were offline so I restarted
my window manager and everything was fine.

Should be a relatively short project. Even if you install individual
packages from the slack CD.

HTH
-Jackson