PCMCIA and suspend/hibernate (Re: [ltp] t30 experiences?)

Norman Levin linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com
Wed, 3 Jul 2002 10:50:32 -0500

David Grindrod wrote:
>> I have played around a bit more and can get the suspend to work
>> (Fn/F4 and apm -s) when running on battery with the config below.
>> When connected to the mains however I just cannot get it to work
>> when a PCMCIA card is in the slot. Remove it and suspent works fine.
>> Obviously it has something to do with the main and PCMCIA but at the
>> moment I have not tracked the exact cause. I do not have access to
>> getting the latest apmd at the moment but it looks like it must be
>> something to do with this rather than the PCMCIA directly.
>>
>> Dave
>>
>> apmd daemon - 3.0final-34
>>
>> pcmica software - pcmcia-cs-3.1.34
>>
>> Kernel 2.4.18 APM entries:
>>
>> CONFIG_APM=y
>> # CONFIG_APM_IGNORE_USER_SUSPEND is not set
>> # CONFIG_APM_DO_ENABLE is not set
>> CONFIG_APM_CPU_IDLE=y
>> CONFIG_APM_DISPLAY_BLANK=y
>> CONFIG_APM_RTC_IS_GMT=y
>> # CONFIG_APM_ALLOW_INTS is not set
>> CONFIG_APM_REAL_MODE_POWER_OFF=y
>>

>> /etc/sysconfig/apmd - PCMCIA entries:
>>
>> PCMCIARESTART="no"
>> PCMCIABIOSBUG="yes"
>> PCMCIAWAIT="no"

All I know is, even win98 couldn't handle pccard 56k modem properly.  After a
suspend and
reopening the lid, the dialer would 'seem' to work and connect - but whatever
garbage was
actually going down the line caused attglobal.net to not recognize the connect
sequences.
I just learned on reawake - to pop the card out and then reinsert.

If that is your only problem, you are WAY ahead of the game.
norm