[ltp] Configuring X on a new A31p?

Christian Hofstädtler linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com
Wed, 03 Jul 2002 19:43:32 +0200

As someone other mentioned, use RH7.3 and everything should work fine.
RedHat seems to have a special patch for the FireGL 7800.

-Christian

>>> bill@feiereisen.net 03.07.2002 18:52:04 >>>
I'm trying a plain vanilla installation of RH7.2 on a new Thinkpad
A31p, but
don't seem to find the right combination of graphics adaptor and
monitor for
XF86Config-4. The adaptor is apparently the new ATI Mobility FireGL
7800 and
the monitor is not specifically named in the owner's documents except
for
TFT@1600x1200. Xconfigurator doesn't have the option for this video
adaptor
and I can't find a suitable substitute in the offered list. Any
suggestions?