[ltp] 310ED

Meidinger,Christopher linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com
Thu, 4 Jul 2002 12:34:25 +0200

It is possible that you have Wander-Mouse Syndrome?? That is a 'problem' (by
design) with the automatic calibration on the trackpoint. When a 'normal'
external Mouse (I don't want to say PS/2 because it's the same for USB or
Serial) AND the TrackPoint are enabled, and also (less frequently) when just
the TrackPoint is enabled, the mouse starts to wander around because the
automatic calibration hasn't kicked in. I wonder if this could be a strange
manifestation of that issue.

What happens when you set the pointer to disabled, so that the trackpoint is
turned off when you have an external mouse connected to the TP? Have you
tried it with another mouse?

mfG Chris Meidinger
DV-Support bei der Peguform GmbH
Tel. 07663 61 2600