[ltp] which distro 4 a linux newbie T20?

Michal Lisecki linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com
Thu, 04 Jul 2002 23:53:20 +0200

On a memorable day of 2002-07-03 at 08:51 you wrote an email "Re: [ltp]
which distro 4 a linux newbie T20?" :

[gulp]

>As for partitioning, since you are a "newbie" why not let the distro
>pick for you?

Simply because I would like it to share 11GB HDD with W2K Prof. or XP and
wouldn't want it to take much space. This brings me to another question. I
am about to reinstall W2k (or use XP instead). I've been wondering what
would be the best solution for a dual boot:
- let lilo handle it,
- let XP handle it (is there such an option?)
- use some extra boot manager (seems pointless).

Also:
1. Is it better to install linux first and then W2k or XP?
2. Are there any precautions as to lilo starting from W2k NTFS partition?
Is it possible in any way? (I've read it somewhere that a better solution
would be setting up a small FAT partition for hibernation and booting
purposes)

Thanks for all your responses to my distro query.

--
magura