[ltp] compiling kernel

Robert Andersson linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com
Fri, 5 Jul 2002 09:32:44 +0200

hi all!

i want my thinkpad t22 to sync my palm over ir, so i read i had to
have the serial support compiled in as a kernel module. by default it
seems that mandrake 8.1 have compiled it into the kernel... well when
setting

	CONFIG_SERIAL=m

in the .config file i get the following error

	drivers/char/char.o: In function `console_init':
	drivers/char/char.o(.text.init+0x124): undefined reference to `serial_console_init'
	make[1]: *** [kallsyms] Error 1
	make[1]: Leaving directory `/usr/src/linux-2.4.8'
	make: *** [vmlinux] Error 2

i figure that i broke some dependancy with other things that should go
into the kernel... what am i doing wrong? maybe i'm doing it wrong all
together?

yours,
/robert

--
Systems Administrator
Swedish National Graduate School of Language Technology