[ltp] Hibernation, PS2, T30 (Was Partition Magic)

D. Sen linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com
Fri, 05 Jul 2002 08:23:48 -0400

Yes the utility worked. I created a primary fat32 partition of
approximately the size of my RAM + Video Memory (with the tools that
came with the Mandrake distribution). Later, I booted up using the
Hibernation Utility Diskette (you will need a working DOS/Windows
machine to create the diskette) created from the link below and just
created the hibernation file (I think its option 2 that just creates the
file).

Hope thats useful.

I was concerned that since the original hibernation file resided in an
NTFS partition, the BIOS would look for a file in an NTFS partition.
However, this was not the case.

DS